Mom's Affiliate Banner

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Single parenting: It can certainly be a challenge (but worth it)

Single Parenting: It's not for pansies!



There are nights when I am just so spent from a long day at work that I'm barely functional. Then there are nights like I've had lately where I get to pile a migraine into the mix. No matter what each day holds I have one SUPER important job and that's "Mom".

So, what DO you do when you're having a super bad day, you're the only parent and all you want to do is crawl into bed and pull the sheets over your head......at 4pm. Well, in my case, I suck it up.

The night I had the "aliens are trying to claw their way out of my skull" headache I had a talk with the little dude before we left his school and I told him how horrible my head felt.

Now, I could just be the luckiest mom on Earth (and I'm pretty sure I am), but that little doll not only helped me carry a few groceries, lunch boxes, his school stuff and everything else in the house. He also helped me fix some dinner and straighten up around the house. Then once I laid down with a cool cloth on my head he came over and rubbed my head and wanted to make sure I was ok.

I'm on my 4th day of dealing with some sort of headache .I really haven't had a migraine quite as bad as the one I had the other day and when I get one that severe it takes me a few days to fully recover.

Luckily, last week I had a lot of stuff pre-scheduled and ready to roll out on the blog. So, hopefully this week I'll get to sit down and schedule a few things out. I've got a lot of irons in the fire right now and some awesome giveaways coming up (watch out for the holiday gift guide coming up soon).

For now, until I'm able to look at the screen for longer spurts, please check out the giveaways that are still going on this week! I have the Alala $200 gift card giveaway, the super cool free month of Citrus Lane and of course there are always amazing Amazon gift cards and all sorts of goodies on the book tour posts!

I'll post some of our fun staycation pics from our recent adventures sometime this week (I hope).....we might just end up on another adventure before the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!