The following post is full of fun recipes, useful info and great snack ideas! I was lucky enough to attend an event hosted by the SITS girls/Massive Sway and California Raisins. This is a post, written by me and sponsored by the California Raisins.
|A few of the little cuties that were making friends with the California Raisin!|
It's back to school time everywhere you look. While it's nice to get back into the routine of things it can get overwhelming sometimes trying to balance everyday life, work, keeping up with mom chores and finding quick, healthy (and delicious) snacks for my very picky kiddo.
As parents I know we all want something healthy and easily portable for our kids to toss in their lunchboxes. Enter, the sweet deliciousness that is the California raisin! Did you know that raisins are packed with potassium AND fiber? One quarter cup of raisins is a whole serving of fruit!
I know I've always been a big fan of raisins but I really wasn't aware of just how and why they were so good and good for you until I attended the California raisins event last week.
Here's a few fun and interesting facts that I learned:
- What makes California Raisins so sweet? Nothing but sweet California sun! There NO added sugar!
- Have you read the ingredients list on a package of California Raisins? Here's the complete list: RAISINS.
- How much fat and cholesterol are you getting when you eat California Raisins? None. Zero. Not a bit.
- California Raisins are a healthy, wholesome, snack that is great to take on trips. They're a great portable snack for field trips, lunches, snacks, in a purse, in a desk, they can really go anywhere.
- California Raisins offer 9% of your daily fiber and potassium and 6% of your daily iron (per quarter cup)
- (This is my favorite!) California Raisins are the most economical dried fruit! A healthy snack that's also a heck of a bargain, yes please!
- Research suggests that children who eat raisins as an after school snack may prevent excessive calorie intake and may increase satiety (or feeling full) when compared to other common snacks, including cookies and chips!
|The trail mix bar was a hit!!!|
|PICTURE FAIL for yours truly. Yep, that's me with my eyes closed. Oy. The rest of the blogging beauties look fantastic though!|
|WIN THIS PRIZE PACK! Winner announced on 9/14!|