Mom's Affiliate Banner

Friday, July 11, 2014

My Friday Favorite ~ZEVIA~ Link up!!!

Let me start this Friday by apologizing for being such a slacker this week. I'm still trying to get back into my groove after a couple of emotionally draining weeks. This blog and all of you certainly help keep me going though! Thanks for sticking by me during this rough patch.

Now onto the FUN! Don't forget to link up when you're done reading this! I'd love to see this link up grow and grow and grow!

Now (drumroll please......) I'd like to talk to you about Zevia!!! Did I ever think I'd be telling you I LOVE Zevia soda? NO WAY! That's a big fat laughing with a snort NO WAY. I had heard of Zevia many many MANY times but it sounded TERRIBLE to me. I don't like stevia. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and I just can't stand that after taste. So, when I heard about this "next big thing" in soda and it was sweetened with Stevia..... I passed. I didn't even want to try it.

I was recently given the opportunity to try Zevia for FREE. Ok, FREE? Now you're talking my language. I'll try just about anything if it's free. So I went out and I got my free Zevia. I had it at home for a couple of days before I worked up the nerve to try it.

I took one to work and decided to try it with lunch. My first flavor I wanted to try was Dr. Zevia. I really like the other "regular" soda by a similar name. It went something like this:

First sip......"hmmm......this isn't bad. It's got a light flavor"
Second sip....."It tastes a lot like that other soda....but better"
Third - Last sip....."This stuff is DANG good!"

Ok, so we've established that I like the way Zevia tastes but it's soda, right? Soda is BAD for you! (insert record screech) Zevia isn't bad for you.

That's right! Zevia is even safe for diabetics and does NOT have any pesky artificial sweeteners! Want to know what exactly it does have? It's a combination of stevia (magical stevia that doesn't leave that weird after taste), erythritol and Monk fruit. NO ARTIFICIAL JUNK.  Check out the Zevia website for ALL of their info!

I like it. We know that now. The real test is.....will a 9 year old like it? Not just any 9 year old. This is a super picky 9 year old! I got grape for him to try and he LOVED it. He also sampled the ginger ale, Dr Zevia and cherry cola and LOVED them all!

I even feel safe giving him a Zevia in his lunch on Fridays. He used to buy a soda in the school store but now (during day camp at his school this summer) I'm perfectly happy giving him a Zevia! He gets his Friday soda fix but without all of the extra calories and junk.

If you check out the Zevia site you can get all of the info, product history ingredients for each flavor (ALL 15 FLAVORS) and even get some COUPONS! Don't forget to snap a selfie of you drinking your favorite flavor and post it on twitter or instagram! The great folks at Zevia love seeing your happy little faces drinking their amazingly awesome beverages!

That's my Friday favorite! Now I want to see what you all are up to! Please link up your blog post below! It can be your Friday post or just your favorite post this week! Let's get this linky party started!





4 comments:

  1. Thank you again for the linky! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... I am totally going to try some Zevia now! Do you get anything if I use your link (I'd be happy to do it that way) or can I find it in the grocery store? I am a big soda drinker and I feel bad about it all the time, so if it's as good as you say, that would be AWESOME! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get anything from the links.... just spreading the love. ;) I love soda and I don't feel guilty drinking this stuff. Some people think it's really sweet but I think it's perfect.... I'm still working on trying all if the flavors.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!