Mom's Affiliate Banner

Friday, July 18, 2014

My Friday Favorite ☆The Color Run☆

Two years ago the thought of me doing a 5k was a complete joke.  Seriously, a laugh out loud,  leading to hiccups kind of joke. 

Fast forward to one year ago.... my son (8 yo at the time) and I decided to do TCR together and had an amazing time!  I ran part of it and I'm not a runner so I hated myself the next day! 

The 2013 Color Run wasn't just an ordinary race for us.  It was a milestone.  It was the first run/walk we did together. We wore our colors proud!  It was the most fun and quite an accomplishment for both of us!

Two weeks from tomorrow we'll be doing our second Color Run. I haven't trained one bit but I think I'll survive.  I can still try to get two weeks of solid training in so a 9 year old doesn't have to drag me across the finish line!

There's still time to sign up!  If you're near Sacramento use code COLORSAC3 to get $10 off and then come out and join us!

5 comments:

  1. I have wanted to do a color run for a few years. They even have one here in Morelia, Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina you should! It's so much fun! They're high energy, music blasting along the route, Runi The Unicorn, you're guaranteed a fun time!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're out there doing runs now! Sometimes your old self just doesn't know how fabulous your future self is going to become! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! Next year I plan on running the entire thing! Life got on the way this year. :( But at least I've got my goal for next year setup already! :)

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! Have fun out there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!