Mom's Affiliate Banner

Sunday, July 20, 2014

*Book Review* The Art of Floating by Kristin Bair O'Keefe

 
A few weeks ago I received a copy of the book The Art of Floating by Kristin Bair O'Keefe. Due to the craziness of my life it took me much longer than a book normally takes. That in NO WAY is a reflection of this story.
 
This book tells an absolutely beautiful story of loss, empathy and healing. There are so many characters in this book it would be easy to get lost or convoluted. However, O'Keefe does an amazing job of developing the characters, as necessary, when necessary. The lives and stories of all of these characters are so seamlessly intertwined it makes you feel like you're a part of their little New England town.
 
The story revolves around the main character Sia Dane who struggled with the mysterious disappearance of her husband only to find an equally mysterious, non speaking, man on the beach. With no information regarding the loss of her husband (the love of her life) she was determined to find out where this strange, mute, man on the beach belonged.
 
There are so many questions as you read (and you'll want to keep reading to find the answers). What happened to Sia's dear husband? Who is this man on the beach? Can he speak? Who is the Dogcatcher? Will Sia find any answers? Will Jilly ever go out with Richard?
 
I do love a great love story, and without giving much away, I really was so pleased with the way O'Keefe ended the story. I was worried that it would be a predictable ending and I was so wrong. The way these stories all wrapped up was amazing and so fitting, though probably not what you thought it would be.
 
This book has a little of everything: passion, love, mystery and the comic relief (thanks to Jilly). This book has it all and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great story. I will warn you though, you won't want to put it down!
 
The Art of Floating  is available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon. It's available in various formats as well. I got to read it in my favorite format, the good ol' paperback book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!