Mom's Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday #WIAW 6/25/14

http://www.peasandcrayons.com/
 
Happy WIAW! This has been a really rough week for me so I'm going to make this short and sweet. I'll address the losses and grief in another post, probably tomorrow.
 
The main thing I wanted to share today was this amazing "Loaded Fake Potato" bake that I made.
 
The #1 thing I miss in the low carb lifestyle is potatoes. I know, you're probably scratching your head right now wondering how that would be my #1. Being on a gluten free diet there is already a lot I couldn't have but potatoes were always my go to. I ALWAYS got a GINORMOUS one when we went out to BJ's. I also grew up on the Idaho border. POTATOES WERE EVERYWHERE!
 
So, since I was brave enough to try the cauliflower mac and cheese (and I liked it) I decided to get creative with my baked potato needs!
 
I'm still having phone trouble and I can't get my picture to post here so hopefully it will show up at the end of the post. It's not the greatest picture but it'll due!
 
Here's what you'll need to do:
Preheat oven to 350
Grease 8x8 baking dish
 
Chop one head of cauliflower into smallish pieces.
Put in pot of boiling water for 7-10 minutes to soften up.
Drain the cauliflower and toss into a blender until still lumpy yet runny.
I then moved the mixture to a bowl and used a hand mixer to mix in about 3 Tbsp of Heavy Whipping Cream and 2 oz of Cream cheese. 
 
Mix in garlic powder, pepper, Himalayan salt to taste.
Add in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
( Also added in about 6 Tbsp of Bacon pieces )
 
Pour the Mixture into the greased pan. Top with 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
( I also added 2 Tbsp of Bacon pieces on the top with the cheese)
 
Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes. I did it for about 35 because I like the top really done....brown and  bubbly.
 
They're really good and yes, I was shocked! So now I've got another reason to buy cauliflower! Next week I'll be attempting the cauliflower pizza crust.
 
Did you try any new recipes this week?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!