Mom's Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What I ate Wednesday! #WIAW 6/18/14

www.peasandcrayons.com
  
Howdy all!  It's time for another What I ate Wednesday over at Peas and Crayons!  I've been having some major technical issues with my pics lately and I actually,  accidentally,  deleted my entire photo album out of my phone.  It was one of those "WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?" moments.  So, that's why there is only one picture today.
 
I've NEVER been a cauliflower fan. NEVER. I tried and tried to eat it but it just wasn't happening. Since I have gone low carb and I'm already virtually grain free I was sad when the mac and cheese craving hit me... And it hit me HARD. I have always loved my mac and cheese! I keep hearing about recipes involving cauliflower but wasn't sold on trying them..... Until I needed mac and cheese! 

So I decided to give cauliflower one last chance. If I didn't like it this time I was never buying any, EVER, again. I found a recipe that looked pretty decent  at the Keto Kitchen and I set out to give it a go.
 
I decided,  because of my cauliflower hatred I'd make a half batch. So I reluctantly got out the goods and prepared it according to recipe specs (except I omitted the mustard.... Not a fan... And I added EXTRA black pepper).

The sauce looked good, smelled good,  things were looking up.  I got it ready and popped it in the oven and set the timer. I wasn't expecting it to look so GOOD! Check out that pic!  It was still bubbling when I snapped the photo. It smelled amazing!
   
 
* Even though I made a half batch I still separated it into 6 servings. A full batch,  for me,  would make 12 servings. 

Now, for the real test.  The taste.  O.M.G. It was fantastic! It tastes like real mac and cheese!  The cauliflower is soft but still had a little crunch and the sauce is not too thick,  not too runny.  You can change the flavor by trying different cheeses. I used mild cheddar because that's what I had on hand. 

I've actually made it twice now!  For the first time in my life I'm excited to buy cauliflower! I'm going to make a cauliflower pizza crust this weekend.  Fingers crossed it goes as well as the last recipe!

Did you try any new recipes this week? What's your comfort food craving? Feel free to post your faves below!  Also,  head on over to Peas and Crayons and check out the other WIAW posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!