Mom's Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Celiac/Gluten & wheat allergies aren't funny

May was Celiac Awareness month but there was so much negativity in the media it kind of screwed up the vibe.  I'm "officially" an unconfirmed celiac. I can't do the gluten load test because of a severe anaphylactic reaction when I eat it.  So I'm in an indefinite holding patten of unconfirmed.

I had the mystery abdominal pain,  severe hair loss,  fatigue, acne, mood swings, rashes, joint pain, brain fog.... The list goes on.  Having dealt with severe food allergies since before I can remember I knew my issues were food related.  I cut out wheat/gluten about 16 months ago (after a really bad allergic response) and my life has been forever changed.  My skin is better, my hair is healthier,  I don't have constant abdominal pain... so many other benefits as well. 

I've also met some of the most amazing people along the way.  They make me feel like less of a freak.  They have the weird issues too. I'm not alone.

I try to laugh along with the jokes but when they're blatantly ridiculing people because of what they can't eat,  during the month dedicated to raising awareness it really pisses me off. I saw a celebrity call bs on the entire gf way of life and also saw an amazing advocate of celiac fall under attack for calling out a company.  That company labeled their food gf but then said anyone with celiac should not consume it.

Well, apparently I'm not the only one who was pissed. This is a great post I saw today and wanted to share.  I think anyone who has to be gluten free can relate to this. 

For anyone who thinks being gluten free is BS.... May God bless you with abdominal cramps like never before,  severe diarrhea and no toilet paper.

Check out the link above. It's worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!