Mom's Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

#WIAW What I ate Wednesday #2

 
 
Thanks once again to Peas and Crayons for "What I ate Wednesday"! Don't forget to hop on over there later and see what everyone else is munchin' on!
 
I started out the day thinking "It's WIAW I'm going to make sure I take a picture of EVERYTHING I eat".......but then you'll see below that the only things I DID manage to take pics of was my snacks!
I got so preoccupied with work I completely forgot to snap a pic of anything but my snacks.
HOWEVER, I will tell you about a little more than just my snacktime!
 
As always I started out the day with a delicious shake! I've tried something new the past few weeks and I'm really liking it. I don't always like bananas in  my shakes so I've been cutting them up and putting them in the freezer. That way I can just dump the frozen banana in the blender. It makes it a little colder and I don't have mush banana in there. Mix that with some spinach, ice, peanut butter, almond milk and vanilla protein powder and I'm a happy girl!
 
 
My first snack of the day was the super delicious Peanut Butter Cookie larabar. I hadn't even heard of larabars until I went gluten free. I used to just eat anything and everything. Now I'm not only eating gluten free (because I have to) but I try to eat as clean as I can. I know that Larabar always offers a healthy and clean snack that is free of gluten AND has NO pesky GMO's.
 
Lunch was just kind of thrown together. A little ground turkey, Cholula, rice, snap peas and a little mozzarella.  Nothing special but it nourishes me!
 
The second snack was one of my other favorite snacks, Mamma Chia Blackberry bliss chia squeeze vitality snack! You'll hear more about that on Friday (it's my favorite for this week!).
 
Finally, dinner. I'm completely hooked on Mexican food and luckily the current meal plan I'm following works well with my addiction to Mexican food. I had tostadas tonight. I baked the corn tortillas in the oven until crispy, added a little fat free refried beans, some seasoned up ground turkey, a little cheese and ALOT of Cholula! I LOVE Cholula.
 
 
Just to get a little ahead of the game I also threw together some mini meatloaf muffins for my lunch the rest of the week. They consisted of 1 lb ground turkey, 1 egg, 1 cup of brown rice, a whole bunch of green onions (grown in my own kitchen), chili powder, garlic, pepper, a little Himalayan salt and of course (say it with me now.....) CHOLULA! I haven't tried them yet but they look amazing and smelled DELICIOUS while they were cooking. Maaaaaaybe they can be on an upcoming #WIAW.
 
Hope you had some tasty goodness on your Wednesday!
 

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make mini meatloaf! Sounds delish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good and SO easy! The best part is they cook in about half the time. I cook up a bunch and toss about half in the freezer for later. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!