Mom's Affiliate Banner

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Let's get real. (No ads, no sales, just honesty)



Hello all - this is kind of an open "about me" that I haven't ever really put out there. I'm not selling anything here. I just want to connect with like minded people that are trying to do what I'm trying to do. This post is just to kind of clear the air and set the tone of what will be happening going forward.

I'm the single mom of an 8 year old boy and about a year ago he basically told me that he was worried about my health. He thought I was going to die because I had gotten so large. I was tipping the scales at my personal heaviest weight and I may disclose that number at a later date ;) For now it will remain in my little shame locker.

I knew then that I needed to do something. I've worked, struggled and been somewhat successful over the past year. I still have a long ways to go I've dropped a few lbs, gained a few back and began dropping them again. I've dropped my body fat and increased my muscle mass.

I've fallen into the fads, the MLM programs and much more. Then it all kind of just hit me that the one thing that has to happen for me to be successful on this journey? I have to be me. I have to be comfortable with what I'm doing and who I'm helping. I don't want to be the girl that's always trying to sell something. I don't want to alienate people. I want to make friends who know what I'm going through and vice versa.

I've just happened upon this clarity within the past 8 weeks or so. So I've removed a lot of things from my blog. Changed the things I post in social media and just tried to get back into touch with me.

Now, don't get me wrong. If I find a product I love and want to promote I'm all over it! (Be on the lookout for my reviews on Mamma Chia and Bolder Bands). But I want to help companies with their products and get those quality products out to the people that are looking for them via reviews and ambassador programs. I don't want to tell people what they need and pretend that I know everything about fitness. Everyone is different and different things work for different people.

In the future I WOULD like to take a nutrition course and then go onto Personal Training. I know that going through the struggles that I've gone through will be able to help others. For now, If I can give a hot healthy tip to someone (FOR FREE) or suggest a great product that I think would help enhance their workout and routine then I'll suggest away.

Please know that everything I post is real. I'm not looking for a quick buck. The products that I link on my pages are things I truly believe in. If I'm paid to review a product or given a product to review I will do so. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad. Just because something may not work for me doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. I will always give an unbiased review based on my experience with the product. The banners on my page are products and services that I actually use and think highly enough of them that I would recommend those products to you.

If you ever have any questions please come to me, ask me, hit me up on social media. Whatever you are comfortable with. I'm on many social platforms and always active.

From this point on I will be posting a variety of things. I will continue doing my product reviews, I will post about parenting issues, I will post about activities around town and of course I will be posting about my meals, workouts etc. I am doing a program but I'm not going to mention the program. I don't think it's that important. If someone wants help I can give them the lowdown on what I'm doing but I don't think the specific program is really that important and will not be posted anywhere on this blog.

With that, have a great day my friends! Go out and conquer this day! If it's evening where you're at (like here) conquer your dinner and doing the dishes! Either way just make every minute count!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!