Mom's Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Movie Mom Minute - The LEGO Movie

If you've seen any of my previous posts it would seem like a no brainer that we'd be going to see this flick!


I had many many many people telling me how stupid it looked. Really. I thought it looked decent. So my son (8yo) and I went on opening day and again last weekend.  If you know how cheap I am you know that's saying something!  I never spring for the same movie twice!  To change it up the second time was in 3D.

The storyline struck a major chord with my son and myself.  In our world his dad is the evil villian that wants the Legos to be perfect.

Without giving too much away: Emmett is our reluctant hero and with some help realizes his true potential. The climactic point of the movie was very emotional and I did cry both times (and I'm not a cryer). All of the Lego worlds are in trouble so they all band together to try to get the piece of resistance in place before it's too late..... for everyone.

The movie has an amazing all star cast! Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks,  Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Charlie Day, and Allison Brie to name a few.

The only bad thing is you WILL have the adding from the movie stuck in your head for the rest of your natural life.

This is the best kids movie I've seen in a very long time! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!  I would give this movie a BIG thumbs up! I definitely recommend it for boys/girls/parents/people without kids.... Everyone should see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!