Mom's Affiliate Banner

Monday, May 06, 2013

Beachbody Ultimate Reset - 21 Days in Review

I did it! I finished the Ultimate Reset!!!

In case you're not familiar with it....The Ultimate Reset is a 21 say program to detoxify and cleanse your body. It won't send you to the potty. It won't case you to have any "urgent" bathroom issues. You will have to go vegan for the final two weeks. You will cleanse you body but you do a lot for your mind along the way as well.

When I went into this I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. I didn't know all of the things I would go through. From temperature fluctuations, to sudden epiphanies, to extreme tiredness to amazing energy. The things I went through completely changed so many things. I've learned a lot about myself and about the way I had been eating.

I've adapted a lot of the things I learned during the Ultimate Reset to my "everyday" life. I'm only one day post reset and already went back to a lot of normal food. It has been strange today. I had to go back to eating a lot of the normal foods because I started Insanity this morning and I'm trying to follow that meal plan so I can get maximum results there as well.

Results: (isn't this what everyone wants to know about?)
Weight Loss: 19lbs
Inches Lost: 11" (chest, waist, thighs and hips)
Body Fat Lost: 5%
Hydration: 8% Increase

Am I glad I did UR? That is a resounding YES! I feel amazing.

Will I stay vegan? No, as much as I would like to it's just not for me. I will incorporate a lot more veggies into my diet but I do like my lean meats. I normally only eat chicken and turkey anyway (I'm allergic to fin fish so that's not an option).

Will I go back to my extreme coffee addiction: Heck to the NO! I hadn't realized how addicted I was until I was in week 2. Once my energy started to level out and I felt good I realized how I had gotten hooked in the cycle. It was eye opening. I would stay up late, not get enough sleep, need coffee....repeat.

How's the sleep? I've been sleeping SO much better. Deeper sleep and much more sound. I don't hate the alarm when it comes because I'm rested.

For more info on this program or to follow along with my weightloss journey check out my facebook page here.

The final few days of the reset I admit I was beyond tired of microgreen salad! What I've noticed now is I need fruit in the morning so I've been adding a lot more fruit to my morning Shakeology.

The thing I found myself wanting more today, on my first day post reset, was NOT coffee as I had anticipated.....but Shakeology.

I know I'm probably forgetting some key points that I meant to include but it's getting late and I stayed up waaaay too late last night watching Mad Men, so I really need to hit the hay. If I think of anything I missed I will edit it later.

If you have any questions about the reset please let me know! I'm happy to answer any questions honestly and openly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!