Mom's Affiliate Banner

Saturday, March 09, 2013

The Unexpected Messes in Life

Well you never know what life is going to throw at you. Sometimes you can get a ton of good fortune your way and other days you can be completely devastated by something you never saw coming.

I'll keep this short and simple but we had a very unexpected death happen to a close friend about a week ago. It was devastating to all who knew him. He was in the process of moving, showed no outward symptoms and then passed of a massive heart attack. I am thankful that it didn't happen while he was driving but I'm saddened at his passing and that everyone lost a man who had a heart of gold. He would literally help out anyone who needed it and tried to always find the good in people. The hardest part was breaking the news to my son. With the help of his teacher, who is a Saint, he got through it. As some of you may know my son is only 7. He has pretty much been avoiding the subject since we broke it to him, but he's getting through it. There is still a lot left to do but we are all pulling together to take care of everything.

Two days after his passing, I had one of the worst allergic reactions I've had in recent memory. We were out late on Friday night (last week) and decided to stop and get a pizza. Ate when we got home, watched a little TV and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning I had GINORMOUS lips. It was crazy. They were tingly and just nasty looking. Hello wheat allergy, I thought we were getting along ok nice to know you still hate me. So, a benedryl and an hour or so later I was somewhat back to normal. Since then I have completely cut out the wheat, which is what I needed. I've been toying with it for a while, but my body let me know it needs to happen FOR REAL, right now!

So, we've just been coping and getting through things. I'll be back up to blogging more often soon. I have also taken on a new role as Beachbody Coach and have started Shakeology, in addition to my Turbofire. If you see all of that info on here it's NOT because I'm trying to sell it, but because I want to share my journey. It's what works for me but it's not everyone's cup of tea. If you ever are interested let me know. I won't force anything on anyone but I will answer your questions if you have any.

Also, if there are any fundraising moms out there I've found a few awesome school fundraisers. I'll be doing a blog post soon on those, with a few giveaways!  Stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!