Mom's Affiliate Banner

Friday, December 28, 2012

Elf4Health Challenge: Day 5 ~ Let them eat cake!

A few months ago I would've been pumped about this challenge! I LOVED cake. Then my wheat allergy decided to kick my ass, so even though I loved cake.....cake did NOT love me! I've been pretty strictly GF for a few months and LC since early Nov. So, when I saw the challenge about the quick mug cake I cringed. I was just going to skip it. Then I thought "What the help is wrong with you? Don't skip it....create something that works for you." I've done just that!

I had a batch of Almond cookies that I made on the weekend so that is what serves as part of my crust. The following cheesecake is LCHF and GF. It leaves my taste buds and tummy happy and pain free!

Here's the lowdown:

Crust ~ take one almond cookie and mash it up. Add about 1tsp of butter and microwave for about 15 seconds. You can add a little splenda to taste. Mix up well and press down. Stick this in the freezer.

Filling ~ Take about 2 to 4 Theory of cream cheese (depednding on how much cheesecakey goodness you want) put in small bowl and microwave for about 25 seconds. Mix well with fork or whisk. Mix in about 1 two Splenda and 1/2 two of vanilla extract. Mix well. You can also add a splash of heavy whipping cream to make it a little less thick.

Remove crust from freezer. Spoon the filling over the crust. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, top quorum some whipped cream and there you have it! A delicious, low carb, gluten free cheesecake in a cup. I make mine in a small prep dish I have.

I'll be posting the almond cookie recipe along with this one on the recipe page this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!