Mom's Affiliate Banner

Friday, November 30, 2012

Oil Pulling

Last night I tried something for the first time. Oil Pulling. I know you're supposed to try it in the morning but I figured if there were any adverse issues that they would go away by morning. :) I had seen this before on the Dr. Oz show. Most recently, a friend (Ryley) had started doing it and since she's also the person that showed me the light when it came to eating low carb/high fat (which will be coming in another blog soon) that I should probably check it out. Then I remembered how I had wanted to try that after I saw it on TV. So, I got myself some Sunflower oil and gave it a go. There really isn't a bad flavor to deal with. A Tbsp of oil is really nothing. The strangest part was when my mouth was producing saliva and I knew I couldn't spit. I managed to do it for 20 minutes and when I spit it out, it was white. That was pretty gross. It's supposed to be white when you're done, but it's still pretty ucky looking.

Why am I doing this? Because, the oil pulling is supposed to serve as a natrual type of detoxification for your body. The oil works with the saliva to pull the toxins out of your system. I will be sticking with it for a while to see how it works out for me but after the first try went so well I don't see any reason why I shouldn't do it. Want more info on oil pulling? Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!