Mom's Affiliate Banner

Saturday, July 07, 2012

A necessary evil and some other stuff.....

NEWSFLASH:
Well I finally realized that I really need to get my butt off the couch and get moving. I sucked it up and joined a gym. But wait, that's not all....I also felt the need to torture myself on a weekly basis so I now have a trainer as well. He's super nice and only slightly tortures me....so far. He's pretty easy on the eyeballs and about as sarcastic as I am, so I think it's a good match! The little man is super proud and even said he'll go with me and hang out in the in Kids Club (and he thinks he's pretty awesome since he has his own membership card).


MISC AWESOMENESS:
At the same time I started the gym and my trek down the healthier path I signed up for something that I think is going to be SUPER cool!!! It's a foodie pen pal swapy thing. I already belong to a crafty swapy thing that I love but this foodie one is once a month. You have one partner and you send out their goodies on or before the 15th of the month. Then you have a big reveal at the end of the month. This is my first month. I have my partner and I'm going to be gathering goodies for her this week. In case my penpal is reading this.....I'm allergic to strawberries, hate fish and love oatmeal, tea, coffee and Ciff Mojo bars (among about a bajillion other things). I love a surprise so as long as it's not some sort of strawberry/fish combo we're good :)


MONKEY UPDATE:
Since the enormous amount of time that has passed since my  last blog post the little man has successfully passed the first grade and adopted quite the attitude, at times. At his core he's still a good kid. Every kid needs to test their boundries once in a while. I'll still keep him.


I'LL SIGN THAT CONTRACT:
I had hoped to read the 50 Shades of Grey books this summer....check, check and double check. I read them all in a week. I was kind of sad and try every morning not to start them all over again.


WHEW:
Last, but not least for this post......I am so glad that nearly a year ago the little guy's school shutdown. Finding the place he is now was such a blessing. He's found his confidence (plus about an extra 3 gallons of confidence) and has really come into his own. I am so proud of the young man he's becoming (most of the time). <3

With that, I had better run.....as usually there is housework to do.....never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!