Mom's Affiliate Banner

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals - Reveal Day July 2012!!!

The Lean Green Bean

It's Reveal Day!

I'm not even sure how I found this amazing website (www.theleangreenbean.com) but I'm sure glad I did! Not only have I found some great people to swap fun food with but I've found some great new blogs AND some amazing recipes on the cheap....that are still healthy. Double score!

So, with that being said.....let's get on to my very first Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day! I was paired up with a fellow newbie Foodie Pen Pal. It was kind of fun because the person I was sending to and the person I was receiving from were all new, as am I. It was a newbie fest! My package came from the far Northern US....the great state of Alaska! I love getting "local" items and she did an amazing job of sending things that I liked and things I didn't know I liked yet! I was so excited when I received my package and when I opened it up this is what I found.....



My box had some AMAZINGLY delicious goodies in it! I feel like I was totally spoiled! I got a big bag of Alaskan Chip Co. Kettle Corn, which I've had to fight for. My 7year old is a popcorn junkie. The dark chocolate peanut butter cups got a little warm in the mailbox but after putting them in the freezer for a bit they were a delicious late night snack on one of our hot evenings! The Clif Bars and KIND bars were SO good. I think I only have one left! The beef stick was so good. I thought it was awesome that it had Reindeer meat. I didn't show my son....I was afraid he'd try to tell Santa on me! The small peanut butter packs are in my drawer at work with some crackers for my emergency snacks. I love those little packs! Those ginger and pb chews were such a different flavor, but good! I also got some local (to Alaska) honey. I use honey in so many recipes and can never ever have enough! The coffee was great, but I'm sad to say it's all gone (which means it was GOOOOOOD). The one bad thing I have to say is I've developed a slight addiction to those Somersault snacks! Those things are so good! I've been frantically trying to find the cinnamon ones. I got a new bag of the sea salt flavor. These things are percfect for a snack at my desk! I can't believe that I hadn't seen them before?!?!?

This has been a great experience and I can't wait to see what next month brings. This was my first month participating, but it definitely will not be my last!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like I have a lot to live up to! ;) Last month was my first month too! I'm so excited to participate again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!