Mom's Affiliate Banner

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.......

That's right kids.....it's baaaaaaack.


Let me first have full disclosure here. I was in NO WAY a fan of Star Wars or anything Star Wars related at ANY point in my life. My brother liked it, I avoided it. When the "new" ones came out, I mocked them and all of the people that went to see them. I finally watched the original three movies when an old boyfriend made me sit through them all in one weekend in my early 20's. To humor him I did, and hate to admit it....but I kind of liked them.

Now, here I sit at my desk on a Saturday in Feb 2012. As I look at my desk I see the Fandago ticket I  have printed out for three tickets to Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D. I now know more about Star Wars then some hard core geeks and participate in a light saber duel with a 6 year old on a daily basis. I've puchased enough Lego Star Wars and regular Star Wars toys in the past few years that I know it's just a matter of time before George Lucas himself invites me to the ranch. (Really, George....it's not that far away....we could be there this afternoon....you just say the word my friend.)

My whole world seems to revolve around Star Wars now. It's become not only a form of amusement in my house, but a way of life. I love that my kiddo is so into it. I know some people think Star Wars is nerdy.....go ahead and let them think what they may. I know my kid is the coolest....AND lives and breaths Star Wars.

So......while some are sitting at home enjoying their coffee and reading the newspaper tomorrow morning.....or enjoying a nice Sunday Brunch.....we'll be watching Darth Maul get sliced in half by Obi-Wan Kenobi in glorious 3D!

May the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!