Mom's Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lego....great product....AMAZING customer service


Well this blog is a bit overdue. As you may or may not know my son is a card carrying Lego fanatic. He plays with Lego's, reads Lego books, plays Lego video games. Lego Star Wars is pretty much his favorite thing...since it does combine his two loves.

His dad bought him a Lego Star Wars Advent Calender in late November and Josh waited so patiently to start opening it on December 1st. On more then one occasion he actually fell asleep holding the calendar.

December 1st came and he excitedly had me help him open the 1st day. Hmmm....strange. The inner tray seemed to be in backwards. I thought that it must just be some packaging error, no big. I removed the tape and pulled out the tray to turn it around only to find that over half of the days (13 to be exact) were MISSING from the dang thing!!!! It was purchased at Fry's and I figured they wouldn't do anything about it. So I called the number on the box for Lego. Keep in mind this is 5:30 am! I didn't think I'd get an answer but I thought I'd try anyway. The phone rang, I was put into the bank of phone calls and was told by the automated message that my call would be answered soon. Well, that was very accurate. I was on hold maybe 3-5 minutes. I explained to the very nice woman I spoke with what the situation was. She got one set to go and it was shipped out that day. Josh received his new calendar on the 5th of December via FedEx delivered right to our door. I really didn't know what I expected when I called them. I had a devastated 6 year old and wasn't expecting that level of service!

We go to the Lego store once a month, at least, and the employees are always so great. I thought that was just a store level type of thing. Apparently it's across the whole Lego company. I don't know how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on Lego's in the past few years but I'd have to say they are worth every penny. Just knowing that they have great people to back up their great products makes me even more of a fan!

Please keep in mind that this is not a paid endorsement.....it's just one mom's opinion and my own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!