Mom's Affiliate Banner

Saturday, September 27, 2008

My very best Birthday

For my birthday we all decided to head up the hill to see what was shakin' at Apple Hill. It was opening day for a lot of the orchards so there were all sorts of festivities. After stopping at Josh's favorite restaurant (Denny's) for breakfast in Cameron Park we made it up to Apple Hill. Our first stop was Able's Apple Acres where we got an Apple Cake (my bday cake) and some DELICIOUS apple/pumpkin bread. We also took a few cheesy pics for prosperity......



After we had some fun there we decided to head up the road but on our way to our next stop we saw that El Dorado was open so we stopped there - they had a train!



We went for a ride on the train and really wanted to hit the pony rides but there wasn't a pony in site (Able's didn't have their out yet either so we didn't get to ride there. Josh was a little bummed but I promised him lots of fun was in store at the next stop. So we piled back in the car and head up to Kid's Inc. I had never been there but it was opening day there. We went down to the little gift shop and looked around when I found the perfect apron for my little chef. John Deere. Need I say more? When he saw it he absolutely had to have it (which was fine because I was taking it to the counter when he saw it! lol). Then we were walking around and heard that there was going to be a cooking class on the deck. So we headed up to see what that was all about. It was free (love that) so I asked if he wanted to do it. The first kids with rolling pins were the ones who got to cook. So he grabbed a rolling pin and we headed to an open spot. He looked up at me and in the sweetest little voice said "Mama where is my John Deere apron, I need it" so I got him all setup (he was the only kid wearing one). He rolled out his cookie dough and cut out shapes, sprinkled out the sugar/cinnamon topping and was ready to roll. He did a really great job and had so much fun! We had to wait about 15 minutes for the cookies to cook so we went over and paid $3 to decorate a mini pumpkin (punkman) with all sorts of goofy stuff. His is quite interesting and has a very fancy/feathery hat too! We got to go get his cookies and you would think it was a priceless heirloom the way he was holding that little cardboard box with his name on it. He was so excited. He thought they were great cookies and ate all of them - except for the last one which he shared with his mommy and mimi. All in all it was the best birthday weekend I've ever had. I love seeing the world through his eyes - especially as I'm turning another year old. I have this precious little gift to show me what it's really all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!