Mom's Affiliate Banner

Monday, June 30, 2008

Mimi and Joshie's day out on the town

Since we had such an eventful weekend Mimi decided that it was a good idea if Josh just relaxed and helped her. So I ran it by the big guy and he agreed. He said that he would help Mimi do a few things in Fairfield. Since he did work so hard all weekend Mimi took him out to Chuck E Cheese! They played so many games and rumor has it that Josh had 5 (YES 5) peices of pizza! He would've made it 6 (it was a personal size) but that last peice fell on the floor.

While at the house in Farfield the hispanic painter was trying to paint the wrong color so Josh had to help Mimi bridge her language barrier because he does speak a little spanish these days. He was able to tell the man to paint "blanco" not yellow. Thank goodness Josh was there to save the day.

After all of the fun was over and he wound down a bit he decided that he missed home and mama so they packed up and headed back to Sacramento. I still had to work until 5:30 so it was a long time before I got to see him. He was able to call me a few times on the phone while I was at work. I am working early and late all week so that I can make up some time for Friday so that I won't be missing as much $$ on my next check! So I worked today from 6am to 5:30pm - all the while Josh was with Mimi and was a perfect little gentleman.This was the longest I have ever been away from Josh and it nearly killed me! I don't know how some parents can leave their kids for that long.

It's getting late and I have another early morning coming up so I had better get to bed....

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday was without a doubt The Best Day Ever... Josh was the most well mannered little man! We need more "Special Days" like that.

    I couldn't have communicated with the painter if he hadn't been there to interpret for me. I am just amazed at him and his new found confidence. He made sure the guy knew it was "Blanco"... then he turned to me and said, "That's white, Mimi".

    The one thing I regret most about moving to Fairfield is that I won't get to spend every day with him, but we will make sure to have more days like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!