Mom's Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My little psychic friend

Have you ever had one of those days where you just know something is going to go wrong? Well apparently Josh knows when I'm going to have one of those days and today did his best to protect me.

We got ready to go like normal and got to Huggy Bear on time. We joked around and I got my hugs and kisses and then he got really clingy which is not normal at all. He didn't want me to go. I said I would pick him up after work and we'd have fun. I thought it was going ok.

About 30 minutes after I got to work the phone rang and it was the daycare - apparently Josh was telling them he was missing me very bad and needed to talk to me so I talked to him on the phone for a few minutes and all seemed to be better after there was talk of going to get ice cream after I picked him up from daycare in the afternoon.

I ran down to Jeffs office on break to pick up some moolah and then went back to work. I decided to run to the bank at lunchtime and deposit said moolah. I was on my way to the bank and talking to mom on the phone while I was stopping at a red light on a very busy road. This truck comes zooming up behind me and doesn't appear to be stopping - then I see smoke coming off of his breaks or his tires or something as he tries to stop without hitting me. I am barely missed. I would say by about 2 inches max. I managed to not poop my pants and make it to the turn for the bank. I turn across traffic when nothing is coming - - - then some old clunker comes from out of nowhere going about 70 in a 45 and nearly misses me (at which point I am starting to wonder if there is really a bullseye on my car?!?!?!). I make my deposit and go on my merry way.

I decide that since I have about 20 minutes left I'll make a super quick run to Long's across from work (about 3 blocks. I run in and get some Easter goodies to hide at my desk so the little candy sniffing bloodhound (aka Josh) at home won't find it. I get back out to the car and look at the clock on my phone and I'll have just enough time to make it back to work................EXCEPT MY CAR WON'T START. Awwww come on! You've got to be kidding me. Jeff is at an appointment nowhere near where I'm stranded - mom is out in Lincoln and I can't reach anyone at work so I decide to fix this bugger myself. I start messing with the battery cables and see that there is gunk on one of them and start scrape the terminal with my key. Try the car again. Nothing. Keep messing with the cable....nothing. Finally I give up and called mom and have her call the daycare since I'm low on minutes.....I figure they can come help me. Just after I hang up from her I tried my car again (after 2 "nothings" in this session of trying) and there it goes - starting like nothing ever happened. I called mom back and told her to call the daycare back and thanked her for her help. I was scared that it was gong to die on me but I was 20 minutes late getting back to work. I made it back fine and when I got back I parked it and turned it off.....then tried to start it again really quick. Started just fine.

The boss lady let me go a few minutes early and said I could just use some PTO if I wanted - just in case I had car trouble .....she wanted me to be able to call somebody there to help me if I needed it. I went down to pick up Josh - who was still sleeping since I was early. Lori and Lindy told me he had a really rough day. Very emotional and sensative. He started crying when he saw me - and came running up to give me a hug. It broke my heart.

When Josh and I got home I asked him if he knew that mommy was going to have a crummy day and he said yes and started crying. I asked him if he thought something bad was going to happen to mommy today and he said yes and started crying more and gave me big hugs and kisses. He was really upset. He said that he told Lori that I was going to get hurt. He was REALLY upset. I can't help but thing maybe my car not starting was some sort of devine intervention. The intersection I would be going through is notorious for it's wrecks. Maybe Josh knew something I didn't and got some power from above. I really think this kiddo has a way of knowing when things are going to happen. He seems to know things that the rest of us couldn't possible know.

So this evening we went to get some milkshakes and french fries and have been watching Thomas all night so far. We just needed some Mommy/Joshie time to make him feel better.

He has had 2 accidents tonight which is not really like him - so something really upset him to the point that he's having trouble making it to the potty tonight. I just wish I knew the things that he knows. He is so amazing and intuitive.

Enough of this - I have some serious snuggle time to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!